Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis newbie question

I have a situation where I have the following current selections:

image1.JPG

I have a table that counts the visits for this scenario such as:

image2.JPG

Now I also want a table that counts the visits but with Akber M Ashraf as the Admitting Physician instead of the Attending Physician without affecting the current selections, ie. Disregard the attending physician selection and add an attending physician selection. I believe this can be done with set analysis. I have tried the below, but it doesn’t seem to give the right answer. Can you look at it please and give feedback.

=count({$<[Attending Physician Name]=, [Admitting Physician Name]={"Akber M Ashraf,*"}>}[Patient ID])

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I hope I understood what you need.

You need that no mather what is selected you whant to see Akber M Ashraf as the Admitting Physician and also disregarding Attending Physician?

If that is correct you just need to look into the entire universe not just the current selections. Also you need to check if Akber M Ashraf is written exactly like this.

Best Regards!

count({1<[Attending Physician Name]=, [Admitting Physician Name]={"Akber M Ashraf"}>}[Patient ID])

Not applicable
Author

But will this still maintain what was selected for Discharge Year?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, it won't.

I think it should look like:

count({$< [Admitting Physician Name]={'Akber M Ashraf'}>}[Patient ID])

Not applicable
Author

but won't that in essence turn the selection into

Discharge Year = Calendar 2010

AND

Attending Physician Name = 'Akber M Ashraf'

AND

Admitting Physician Name ='Akber M Ashraf'

Instead of

Discharge Year = Calendar 2010

AND

Admitting Physician Name ='Akber M Ashraf'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

me again,

if you have also like a Admitting Physician ID, you might have to clear this in your set expression:

count({$< [Admitting Physician Name]={'Akber M Ashraf'}, [Admitting Physician ID]= >}[Patient ID])

and if you want to have a search expression like in your OP (I missed that):

count({$< [Admitting Physician Name]={"Akber M Ashraf*"}, [Admitting Physician ID]= >}[Patient ID])

But you don't clear and set a field in set expression in the same time.

Regards,

Stefan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just have read your previous post:

No it won't (or wouldn't make a difference).

You set the field selections to a new value in your set expression, disregarding your current selection (on that specific field)

Stefan

edited by swuehl

Not applicable
Author

If that is the case I think the same as swuehl

To left this

count({$< [Admitting Physician Name]={'Akber M Ashraf'}, [Admitting Physician ID]= >}[Patient ID])

Regards!