Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Set Analysis on a Data Island

I am new to Qlikview and I cannot figure out how to solve this issue.  I have a data island and I want to calculate total payments from this data island.  I have a chart that has dimensions of vendor and year.   I am trying to figure out the expression to use to pull the correct payment totals.  The data island has a Payment Year and Payment Vendor.  So basically I want the payment total on each line to be the sum of all payments were Payment Year = the current row’s dimension year and Payment Vendor = the current row’s dimension vendor.  I have tried all the following combinations but none of them seem to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear,PaymentVendor=Vendor>}  Payments)

- sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear=P({$}FiscalYear),PaymentVendor= P({$}Vendor)>}  Payments)

- sum(if(PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear,if(PaymentVendor=Vendor,Payments)))

- sum(if(PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear and PaymentVendor=Vendor, Payments))

- sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear=P({$}FiscalYear),PaymentVendor=P({$}Vendor)>}  distinct if(PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear,if(PaymentVendor=Vendor,Payments)))

- sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear=P({$}FiscalYear),PaymentVendor=P({$}Vendor)>} if(PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear,if(PaymentVendor=Vendor,Payments)))

- sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear=P(FiscalYear),PaymentVendor=P(Vendor)>} if(PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear and PaymentVendor=Vendor,Payments))

- if(PaymentFiscalYear = only(FiscalYear) and PaymentVendor = only(Vendor),sum(Payments))

5 Replies
chematos
Valued Contributor II

Re: Set Analysis on a Data Island

Try this:

sum({$<PaymentFiscalYear={"=FiscalYear"},PaymentVendor={"=Vendor"}>} Payments)

Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I tried using this statement and few different variations of it, but none of them gave me any data.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks. 

chematos
Valued Contributor II

Wait, if you have PaymentFiscalYear and PaymentVendor as dimensions in your chart, you only have to make the sum:

Sum(Payments)

The sum() operation will add all the Payments grouping by opened dimensions in your chart.

hope this helps, may be you could upload your file

MVP
MVP

Have you tried not using a set expression but a simple if() statement in your sum, maybe like

=sum( if( PaymentFiscalYear=FiscalYear and PaymentVendor=Vendor, Payments))

As with any set expression, the set analysis won't consider the current row's dimension values, so I think that's one of biggest issues.

But maybe I am just not fully understanding your setting and requirements, could you maybe post a simple sample QV file? Upload is available in advanced editor.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Here is a small sample of the qlikview application I have issues with.  In the chart there is a column for Payments Total Spend.  I am trying to sum up the payments for a particular vendor and year.  So I need an expression that will sum the payments where PaymentYear = the dimension year and PaymentVendor = the dimension vendor.

Community Browser