Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouthamkk
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis with calculation

Hi,

I am trying to achieve some thing like

stdev(IF abs(val - Valmedian) < ( Valmedian*10), val)

i am trying to create a set expression where i can do median of the val which are less than 10% of total median

Valmedian - is total median without any selection and

Val - is actual value.

Something like a ZScore.

Can any one please advise.

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

More Explanation required, Your Expression is bit Difficult, Can i know what you want to Achieve?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Try if this works, because you can only compare dimensions with variables in set analysis

create a variable

vEval = IF(abs(val - Valmedian) < ( Valmedian*10), val)

in your chart use : STDEV($(vEval))

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

HI,

I wanted to calculated standard Deviation of all employee val's . who is less than median of 10% of all employees

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

val is a numeric value of each employee. In above case the vEval stores only single value. but i want all vEval who is less than 10% median.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Th variable will aggregate for each dimension, try it in your chart first

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please post sample Application?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)