Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with field equal to formula of that field

I've got a data set that has two date dimensions, one is a month end date (called PED), the other is the month I saved the data (called Monthly_DataDate).

I have a List Box setup for Monthly_DataDate so the user can select the data pull they are interested in. I want to have a table that compares the selected month, and the prior month's data set for say sum(Budget) IE:

PED8/1/16 Budget7/1/16 Budget

I've tried to do something like this:

Sum({$<Monthly_DataDate={'$(=AddMonth(Monthly_DataDate,-1)'}>} Budget)

But I don't get anything back.

I've also tried using a variable:

v_Monthly_DataDate =GetFieldSelections( Monthly_DataDate,';', 1,'Other Reports' )

V_Monthly_DataDate gives me the data I expect, but when I use it in a set analysis, it appears to be ignoring my other filters:

Sum({$<Monthly_DataDate={'$(vMonthly_DataDate)'}>} Budget)

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

try  like this !

For Previous Month:

Sum({$<Monthly_DataDate={"$(=Date(AddMonths(Monthly_DataDate,-1),'MM/DD/YYYY')"}>} Budget)

For Current Month:

Sum({$<Monthly_DataDate={"$(=Date(Max(Monthly_DataDate),'MM/DD/YYYY')"}>} Budget)

//Edited:

Not applicable
Author

That gave me all nulls back. If I change my Monthly_DataDate list box to last month, I get data in the period column, but no mater what date I select it's always null in the last month column.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You field showing Date Budget. But, while calculating you attempt only Budget. Can you please post sample application and Data which demonstrates the O/P

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)