Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Set analysis - Convert from table to chart

Hi

I currently have a table which contains a number of field and I have applied various filters to get the desired data.  As I need to create some charts I need to change this to set analysis so I can summarise the data.

My current syntax is :

if(VacProgress='In Progress' and

(vacstate<>'Draft' and vacstate<>'In progress'and vacstate<>'Refused') and

not wildmatch(empjobref, '*VCP*'),

count(distinct esrempjobref))

Can anyone help me change this expression so it works with set analysis?

Many thanks

Phil

6 Replies
Highlighted

May be this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate -= {'Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused'}, empjobref = {'*VCP'}>} esrempjobref)

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Sunny

That doesn't work I am afraid.

Maybe something to do with a '-' before vacstate.  Also the the wildcard need to be NOT including 'VCP'

Thoughts?

Screen shot belowcode.jpg

Highlighted

try like this:

Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate =E({$<vacstate ={''Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused''}>}vacstate )

, empjobref =E({$<empjobref ={'*VCP*'}>}empjobref )>} esrempjobref)

Highlighted

Although you see red lines underneath the expression, there might be a good chance that you may still get your solution. The red lines are shown in older versions of QlikView when you use -=. Can you check if after clicking okay do you get a result you expect?

Highlighted

Try this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate -= {'Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused'}, empjobref -= {'*VCP'}>} esrempjobref)

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Sunny

That's nearly it !

It works when I have the same full table, but when I remove the dimensions it loses data.

Thoughts?

Phil