cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis - Convert from table to chart

Hi

I currently have a table which contains a number of field and I have applied various filters to get the desired data.  As I need to create some charts I need to change this to set analysis so I can summarise the data.

My current syntax is :

if(VacProgress='In Progress' and

(vacstate<>'Draft' and vacstate<>'In progress'and vacstate<>'Refused') and

not wildmatch(empjobref, '*VCP*'),

count(distinct esrempjobref))

Can anyone help me change this expression so it works with set analysis?

Many thanks

Phil

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate -= {'Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused'}, empjobref = {'*VCP'}>} esrempjobref)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny

That doesn't work I am afraid.

Maybe something to do with a '-' before vacstate.  Also the the wildcard need to be NOT including 'VCP'

Thoughts?

Screen shot belowcode.jpg

avinashelite

try like this:

Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate =E({$<vacstate ={''Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused''}>}vacstate )

, empjobref =E({$<empjobref ={'*VCP*'}>}empjobref )>} esrempjobref)

sunny_talwar

Although you see red lines underneath the expression, there might be a good chance that you may still get your solution. The red lines are shown in older versions of QlikView when you use -=. Can you check if after clicking okay do you get a result you expect?

sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Count(DISTINCT {<VacProgress = {'In Progress'}, vacstate -= {'Draft', 'In Progress', 'Refused'}, empjobref -= {'*VCP'}>} esrempjobref)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny

That's nearly it !

It works when I have the same full table, but when I remove the dimensions it loses data.

Thoughts?

Phil