Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis: multiple selections in one field

Hi all,

I would like to count something if the archief_month is smaller than 1 field and equal to the reporting date field.

Any ideas how to do this with set analysis? (could not find it in the help)

This does not work I think:

count({< archief_month = {"<=archief_verwacht_month", reporting_date} >}  something )

Thank you very much

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Martijn,

I would assume that above expression won't work anyway in a set expression because you want to compare on record base if achief_month e.g. equals reporting_date, do you?

If so, I would try

=count(if (achief_month <= achief_verwacht_month and achief_month = reporting_date, something))

If you have difficulties with performance, you may put a flag in your script created by above expression and then do

=count({<flag = {1} >} something)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Martijn,

I would assume that above expression won't work anyway in a set expression because you want to compare on record base if achief_month e.g. equals reporting_date, do you?

If so, I would try

=count(if (achief_month <= achief_verwacht_month and achief_month = reporting_date, something))

If you have difficulties with performance, you may put a flag in your script created by above expression and then do

=count({<flag = {1} >} something)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Martijn,

just changed my mind, try something like

=count({< archief_month = {"=archief_month <=archief_verwacht_month and archief_month=reporting_date"} >}  something )

(BTW, I assume it is possible to compare a reporting DATE with a archief_MONTH, right?)

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

You are correct, archief_month <=archief_verwacht_month are 2 fields in a table which should be analyzed per row of this table, because they both belong to 1 fact. So I agree with your first reply. (but then, not off course with your second right?)

reporting date is a global variable, independent of tables.

yes all dates are in the correct format, a month is the first day of the month like 1-1-2011

I will try also your second one, but in theory is was a wrong one because of the row by row comparison?

thanks a lot,

regards Martijn

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Martijn,

I think the second one could also work using an advanced search for the element_set (as is), though I am not sure if the performance will be much better than using the if() function. Just give it a try...

Have a nice day,

Stefan