Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis on a dimension of a chart

Hi,

I've got a chart in which I've a set anaylisis on one dimension of the chart.

Dimensions :

- product

- manufacturer

Fact :

=(Avg ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount)) / Avg ( {<[Manufacturer]={"The manufacturer"}>} ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount)))) * 100

It seems not to be working.

Could you please help me ?

Thank you.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Unfortunately, set analysis is not possible in dimensions for the time being. Any modification of data you need to create as a field or calculated dimension, without set analysis.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

So, in a unique chart showing sales by vendors you cannot for example show the KPI :

salesof thecustomer / salesofMrT (Mr T is a vendor).

Thank you.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Of course you can, I may have misunderstood your question. I understood you wanted to display a calculated dimension including a set analysis as Dimension, which is not possible. As an expression, it seems good your syntax to me, as

{< Field = {"Value"} >}
is correct.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

If you look on the attached picture, you'll see my real problem.

I have no selections on my dimension Manufacturer.

Then I design the expression :

=(Avg ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount)) / Avg ( {<[Manufacturer]={"Ess"}>} ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount))) ) * 100

The problem is that the only value of the dimension IN THE TAB is Ess. I want all the manufacturers to be displayed.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Depending on the number of dimensions you have, you may use "Manufacturer" as dimensions horizontally in a pivot table, and use something like the following (untested) as the expression

=(Avg ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount)) / Avg ( TOTAL ((([_local price])/_rate)*(1-_discount))) ) * 100

If you have several Manufacturers and they don't fit in your table or the scroll is too long, I'd suggest you to force the user to make some selections to get the chart displayed, using the "Calculation condition" in the General tab of the chart properties.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel for your answer. The matter is that I don't want to compare my value to the total. I want to compare it to the value of one manufacturer...

I am forced to use the set analysis.