Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Highlighted
tduarte
Contributor II

Set analysis problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert expressions on a dashboard to use Set Analysis instead of IF to see if there are any performance improvements.

The tables on the dashboard tab need to be "static", meaning you cannot make any selections and these tables are not affected by selections on other tabs.

So far I've set the tables to read only and I also have a macro that detaches the tables as soon as a tab is selected. I don't find this very practical so I wanted to have a go with Set Analysis.

Current IF expression:

sum(if(week_start=var_current_max_week AND _Market = 'My Sales', Revenue))

- working fine

New Set Analysis expression:

sum({1<week_start={'$(var_current_max_week)'}, _Market={'My Sales'}>} Revenue)

- I can't get this one to work... it's returning much higher values and it doesn't seem to be applying the set analysis on these fields.

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies

Set analysis problem

Hi,

   Try  this.

  sum({1<week_start={'$(#var_current_max_week)'}, _Market={'My Sales'}>} Revenue)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

tduarte
Contributor II

Re: Set analysis problem

Hi Kaushik,

I have tried that before. It's not that, the dates are in the same format.

Something is weird because if I remove the 1 from set analysis it gives the correct result.

Problem is,it will be affected by selections on other fields.

Regards,

Telmo Duarte

Set analysis problem

HI,

   I dont know will this work according to your requirement or not but try this.

    sum({<week_start={'$(#var_current_max_week)'}, _Market={'My Sales'}>} total Revenue)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Community Browser