Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shifting a line chart curve horizontally?

Hello everybody,

I try to solve a vizualisation challenge which sounds to be easier than it is:

In my app (please see attached file) I have a power curve, which should be movable horizontally by a slider value.

The slider value is written in the variable $(VerschiebungWert) and is handled correctly. For testing purposes I placed a text box and a list box on the right side. The text box shows the selected value plus/minus the slider value.

The chart shows a green curve with the original power values, calculated with

=sum(Leistungswert)/sum(LeistungswertCounter)

as expression, to every quarter hour as dimension.

When it comes to display the shifted curve in the chart, I tried to enhance the expression with Set Analysis:

{$<Viertelstunde={">=$(=Viertelstunde + ($(VerschiebungWert)/24/4))"}>}

I tried almost everything, even the indirect way with Set Modifiers, and using fixed values instead of variabled, but I don't get any shifted curve at all. Is somebody here who can help me?

Additional explanation - I have 3 fields which could be used:

'Zeitpunkt' contains the exact timestamp of one power value, e.g. 41395,0625123

'Viertelstunde' contains the 'Zeitpunkt' rounded down to a quarter hour, e.g. 41395,0625000

'%Viertelstunde' contains 'Viertelstunde' in 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss' time format

Sorry about the German field and variable names... 😉

By pressing the button "Simulation on/off" you can show/hide a static image which explains how it should look like, if you shift the power curve by 3 hours (it doesn't matter if only the values within the selected day are shifted or the values of the previous/next day are shown).

Thank you very much for any help in advance.

Juergen

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps two charts on top of each other. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, Gysbert!

I think it's not the optimal solution, because I have to be very careful about aligning both charts.

But at least it's a very helpful solution I can work with.