Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing Percentage Totals by Year

Hello,

Thank you for taking this question in advance.

Basically, I have data that spans across 4 years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014). I want to show it by two Dimensions, 'Engaged' which is either a Yes or No, and over each year.

I want the percentages to show 'Y' or 'N' for 100% across EACH year, rather than 100% across all 4 years (which is how it currently shows).

Example: For 2011, I want 'Y' to show for 70% and 'N' to show for 30%, 2012 to show 'Y' for 80% and 'N' to show for 20%, rather than showing all the 'Y' and 'N' 2011 + 2012 + 2013+ 2014 adding up to 100%.

I have attached screen shots below of what the graph currently shows, along with the dimensions and expression.

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

See if this one works:

For Yes:

=Count({<Engaged={'y'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

For No:

=Count({<Engaged={'n'},[IPO Type]={'IPOs Filed & Priced'},[Expected / Actual Amount raised] = {'>=150000000'}>}DISTINCT id)/Count(distinct id)

Best,

S

View solution in original post

25 Replies
MarcoWedel

please provide sample data

thanks

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Please find the sample data attached in the original post.

The attachments I added were 'Sample Data' and 'Year'.

I also have included the calculated field of Year Filed, which is just the year of the 'Last Filing Date' field within the Sample Data.

Thanks in advance!

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

hi Ryan,

i created a small data set for myself to get what your requirement is, you can achieve this by creating 2 expressions each enagaged as 'n' and engaged as 'y'. and dimenssion as year.

trigger:

LOAD * INLINE [
id, Engaged, year, client name
1, n, 2014, abc
2, y, 2014, def
3, n, 2013, cfe
4, y, 2013, der
5, n, 2012, des
6, y, 2011, sas
7, y, 2014, qv
8, n, 2013, pyth
9, n, 2011, cpl
10, n, 2011, cog
]
;

the 2 expressions i used are:

=(

Count({<Engaged={'y'}>}DISTINCT id))/Count(distinct id)

=(

Count({<Engaged={'n'}>}DISTINCT id))/Count(distinct id)

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about changing the expression to

count(DISTINCT  id) / count(TOTAL<[Year Filed]> id)

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob,

I'm trying to get the Denominator count by Year by using the AGGR function :

=Aggr(count(distinct ID),Last_Filing_year).

It shows the aggregated count correctly in one row of the year,while for the other row it shows as null.

Could you Please let me know what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks,

Kalyan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You'll need to add the NODISTINCT qualifier to aggr().

By the way, I'd suggest that aggr() is the wrong function to use here. I would recommend TOTAL unless there is some other reason you need aggr(). (of course that's not what you asked )

count(TOTAL <Last_Filing_year> distinct ID)

-Rov

Not applicable
Author

Ok...Thank You very much Rob..:)

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Thank you, using the above expression worked! I would now like to take this a step further, and add a couple of other conditionals.

The current expressions I have now are the two below:

I would like to add:

if( [IPO Type]='IPOs Filed & Priced',if([Expected / Actual Amount raised]>= 150000000

But am not sure how to incorporate this into my current expression. Is it an 'AND' statement? I am new to writing expressions in Qlik.

Thanks very much!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Saurabh,

I apologize for the double post, but I still cannot figure this out. If you, or anyone else, could respond to my post below it would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you, using the above expression worked! I would now like to take this a step further, and add a couple of other conditionals.

The current expressions I have now are the two below:

I would like to add:

if( [IPO Type]='IPOs Filed & Priced',if([Expected / Actual Amount raised]>= 150000000

But am not sure how to incorporate this into my current expression. Is it an 'AND' statement? I am new to writing expressions in Qlik.

Thanks very much!