Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III

Showing data in alternate states

I have a sheet with 4 charts, each in their own alternate state, and 2 list boxes in the default state.  I would like the charts to not show any data unless a selection is made in each of the list boxes.  I can do this with no problems if all items are in the same state using the GetSelectedCount() syntax but I cannot figure out how to use the conditional show between states

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to find some syntax ($::) which forces use of the list boxes in default state.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jberna26
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @EGilbert ,

I'm not sure I completely understood your question.

However, the GetSelectedCount function has a parameter that takes the state name. If you want it to take into account the default state, I'm not sure if you should use <default state> as the parameter (never used it for that, to be honest).

GetSelectedCount - chart function

Hope it helps 😉

Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did the post from our partner help you get things working for this use case?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and on that post, use the Accept as Solution button to mark that as the solution, this will give the partner credit for the assistance and let other Members know this worked.  

I did want to provide the QlikView Help link, as the partner did provide a link to Qlik Sense area, and I thought that may have thrown you, but QlikView is pretty much the same...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
EGilbert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to find some syntax ($::) which forces use of the list boxes in default state.