Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Showing unselected values in a chart.

HI all,

I have an application that provides data on a particular survey. Respondents can answer on a number of products, say a, b,c,d. They can selected any number of these 4. What I want to do is show this data in a chart such that for each product I have a bar showing  a count of those RespIDs who selected the product and another bar showing a count of those doctors that didin't select the product.

I've attached a small app that shows what I'm trying to accomplish and would appreciate anyones feedback. The first part is easy and I've done this, it's the second bit eg: identify a count of those respondents that didn't select the product. I tried using 1-$ but there are mulitple other filters in the app that I need to include so cant take this approach.

ANy help/ideas would be greatly apprecated.

Pete

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pat_agen
Valued Contributor

hi Pete,

could you add a second expression alongside your first one like this

Count(total  Distinct RespID)  - count(distinct RespID)

gives you the total number of respondents/doctors minus the ones who have selected the product, so equal to the number of those who haven't selected the product. Would that do the trick?

8 Replies
brenner_martina
Valued Contributor II

Re: Showing unselected values in a chart.

Hi,

You can use E() lokk at attached file!

Greetings from Munich

Not applicable

Thanks Martina, This is what I was starting to look at. Your example will help. I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Pete

Not applicable

HI Martina,

Thanks this gives me some idea's to play around with. Howerver, it's not quite what I needed. Without filtering on a product the blue bars show those products selected (prescribed in my live version), however, I want to show, on the same chart, the Products that the doctors haven't prescribed.

So looking at the text box in my examply you see that 3 Doctors have prescribed product a, but 2 havent. I want to show these 2 in a red bar next to the 3 that have prescribed the product.

I hope this makes sense. Again thanks for your help

Pete

pat_agen
Valued Contributor

hi Pete,

could you add a second expression alongside your first one like this

Count(total  Distinct RespID)  - count(distinct RespID)

gives you the total number of respondents/doctors minus the ones who have selected the product, so equal to the number of those who haven't selected the product. Would that do the trick?

brenner_martina
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

do you mean like this?

Not applicable

HI Pat, Martina,

Thanks agains for your help.

Pat you're answer was the one I was trying to get to - I guess I was overcomplicating things.

Thanks

Pete

Not applicable

Hi,

Please, look into attachment.

I think this is what you mean.

Kind regards,

Janusz

Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your help.

Community Browser