Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Sorting Problem for Straight Table

Hi,

I have a straight table. I have some dimensions and expressions. Expressions examples: rowno(total), sum(margin)

I need to sort the table in descending order by sum(margin) expression. However, sorting is not working at all unless I remove rowno(total) expression.

Is there any way to sort the table AND have a column which number all the rows. Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sorting Problem for Straight Table

Sorting of expression columns is disabled if you use rowno() or other inter-chart functions anywhere in the chart. Not sure what the workaround to get a row number would be, Maybe someone else has an idea.

From the Help:

Note!

Sorting on y-values in charts or sorting by expression columns in straight tables is not allowed when Chart Inter Record functions are used in any of the chart's expressions. These sort alternatives are therefore automatically disabled.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

4 Replies
sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

Use sum(margin) as sort expression

vikasmahajan
Honored Contributor III

Qlikview provide intractive sort for Straght Table , Just Double click on column which you want to sort.

Automatically sort will happen.

Good Luck.

Vikas

Not applicable

interactive sort doesn't work, and using options from Sort tab doesn't do anything either. It only works if I remove rowno() expression but I need to have both expressions in the table

Sorting of expression columns is disabled if you use rowno() or other inter-chart functions anywhere in the chart. Not sure what the workaround to get a row number would be, Maybe someone else has an idea.

From the Help:

Note!

Sorting on y-values in charts or sorting by expression columns in straight tables is not allowed when Chart Inter Record functions are used in any of the chart's expressions. These sort alternatives are therefore automatically disabled.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Community Browser