Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianalin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Table/chart with data in union from selections

Hello

We have this qlik view file that get the data from multiple source and creates a big list of emails that we use to make selections for sending newsletters.

And exaple of selection would be:

All the teachers including all people from one city.

To obtain this we now use these 2 methods:

1. we export 2 separate excel based on each selection 
  2. use a method like this
    • make the first selection and click a button that export a qlik file selection1.qvo
    • make the second selection  and click a button that export a qlik file selection2.qvo
    • reload the document and populate a table with the 2 qlik files created before

We want to know if there is any solution to have, maybe with set analisys, a union of the selections made so we can directly have the data that we need without using excel to union and remove duplicates or have to reload the document.

Example of what we want:

1. make the first selection on profession field
  2. make the second selection on country field
  3. have a table with the union of these 2 selections ready to be exported
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sebastianalin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Maybe i found the way! 

Using this exaple :https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Alternate-States-using-scatter-chart-Selectio...

i have made a chart table and use the dimension EMAIL and an expression with =Count(DISTINCT {[sel1]} EMAIL) + Count( DISTINCT {[sel2]} EMAIL)

I have to control that is everything ok but this seems the final solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sebastianalin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

maybe on way would be to use 2 alternate states. but how do i union data from the 2 alternate states in a table?

sebastianalin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Maybe i found the way! 

Using this exaple :https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Alternate-States-using-scatter-chart-Selectio...

i have made a chart table and use the dimension EMAIL and an expression with =Count(DISTINCT {[sel1]} EMAIL) + Count( DISTINCT {[sel2]} EMAIL)

I have to control that is everything ok but this seems the final solution