Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

Two Date Filters with Always One Selected Value?

Hi All,

I have a dashboard with a multi-box of rolling years. I have set this up so that the user can only select one rolling year at a time, using the Always One Selected Value option. Now, I would like to add another multi-box with quick date filters set to "Most Recent Rolling Year", "Earliest Rolling Year", etc.. I've added in the Quick Date Filters multi-box into the dashboard but have noticed that because I have Always One Selected Value selected for my rolling year field, that I am unable to make selections in my Quick Date Filters multi-box (i.e. if I would like to go from viewing the most recent rolling year to the earliest rolling year using Quick Date Filters instead of scrolling through my rolling year multi-box, I am unable to do this). Is there any way to enable this, so that I can make selections in either the rolling year multi-box or the summarized Quick Date Filters multi-box and have the other one update accordingly?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

And another option with linked fields, but simulating the Always one selected option using triggers,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your setting. Can you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue?

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

Does this help?

Rolling Year End Date is set to 8/31/2015, which happens to be the most recent rolling year selected, so the Quick Date Filter shows "Most Recent Rolling Year Selected".

View1.PNG

I would like users to be able to use Rolling Year End Date field or Quick Date Filter field to chose which rolling year they wish to view. I.e. if a user selects the drop down for Quick Date Filter and clicks on Earliest Rolling Year Available, I would like the Rolling Year End Date to change to that date.

View2.PNG

Unfortunately, the user is not able to click on any of the Quick Date Filter options because I have set Rolling Year End Date to Always One Selected Value. Is there any way around this so that I can select Quick Date Filter or Rolling Year End Date, but still only allow users to select one (i.e. data not aggregated in a way that selecting more than one time frame makes sense).

Thanks! Sorry I don't have a QVW available to share. Let me know if this was helpful.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I see what your issue is.

Not sure how you can get this to work having option 'Always one selected value' enabled on field rolling year and having the quick date filter as a field related to the rolling year.

You should be able to create a variable with the quick date filter options selectable from a drop down menu, then trigger a select in field rolling year action when the variable changes or a apply button is pressed.

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you explain what you mean by "You should be able to create a variable with the quick date filter options selectable from a drop down menu, then trigger a select in field rolling year action when the variable changes or a apply button is pressed."? Do you have any examples?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Something like attached

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And another option with linked fields, but simulating the Always one selected option using triggers,