Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to fire a trigger when a bookmark is applied.

I have a macro that is run when a user makes or changes a selection on one of two fields. The problem that I have run into is that the trigger does not run the macro when a bookmark is applied, as opposed to a direct selection. I currently have triggers on both "OnSelect" and "OnChange" for the fields.

Is there any way to fire the trigger when a bookmark is applied? I read a few other posts that seem to suggest that "OnChange" would fire from a bookmark, but all my attempts have failed.

I'm running QV 9 SR 7.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

I see the post is very old but if you still has this issue you can see this post: http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=1226

It explains an alternative way for creating 'OnBookmarkApplied' trigger.

Hope this help,

Anosh Nathaniel

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OnFieldEvent triggers are only executed when a user is actively making a selection in the field - not when the selection is performed by a bookmark or an action. This is working as designed as in most scenarios this is the desired and expected behavior.

If you would like to see that this is added as an option for the field event triggers, please post it as a new idea on the customer or partner portal.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Staffan!

I'll definitely post this on the customer portal. I think the ability to work off of "OnBookmarkApplied" events would be very helpful in some cases. It may not be widely used, but I'd still like to have the option.

Thanks for your quick response.

Does anyone know of/have a work-around for this problem? Somehow I doubt that there is, but it would be nice. Do you think that using a variable to track field selection changes would bi-pass the active selection issue?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

I see the post is very old but if you still has this issue you can see this post: http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=1226

It explains an alternative way for creating 'OnBookmarkApplied' trigger.

Hope this help,

Anosh Nathaniel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Awesome find, Anosh!  That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

That is perfect Anosh, we were having the same issue here.

But I have seen that this trick just will work with bookmarks created from now on. It doesn't work with previously created bookmarks. Do I have to recreate all my bookmarks or is there any other workaround for these?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramon,

This trick will not work for previously created bookmark because those bookmark doesn't have this variable value to be set when that bookmark is applied. It only works for those bookmark which is created from now onwards. One solution I could suggest is that apply your all bookmark one by one and then replace the old bookmarks with the same name. May be this way you can have the variable value set in all your bookmarks.

Hope this help.

Anosh

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, we are having the same problem, but it looks like QuickQlearQool has disappeared with its awesome solution... can anyone please write the solution here @ QlikCommunity?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh,

I know this is very late, but the site you linked to does not appear to be active anymore.

Is there any way you could summarize what it said?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh,

I am also facing similar issue. Please write the solution in qlikview community.