Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Unbold a partial sum

hi,

creating a pivot table, with 4 dimensions, one of which is horizontal. Making a partial sum for all dimensions.

The default is that the partial sum will be bold. Is there a way to avoid that. Please don't mention custom cell format, as Custom cell format will only add bold if there were none before, and i haven't added any.

Also, expression text format with dimentionality will not work since, again, I can only specify to actually make it bold, but I don't want that...

Any ideas on that otherwise?

11 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this for BG Color of that expression

If(Sum(TOTAL [amount of protein])>0, White())

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sunny_talwar

May be you can use Pick(Dim...) way

Capture.PNG

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny, that's a good result. To make it work, I have to have as many Dim values as I have results in my Type field?

sunny_talwar

No, regardless of the number of Types, you would need 2 values in Dim.... Instead of you needed to show Total and Average, that's when you will need 3

Dim = 1 -> Type

Dim = 2 -> 'Total'

Dim = 3 -> 'Average'

so on and so forth...

Within Type, you can have hundreds of thousands of types

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

I was currious,

if a selection is made, and no values exist for meat under that selection, is there still a way to have the colomn show up but with zeros?

The suppress zero values does not work in that circumpstance.

for the exemple above, if Chicken and salad are selected, I,d still want the meat colomn to show up but with zeros...

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Are there any heads out there that can help?

sunny_talwar

May be convert this into multi expression chart

Capture.PNG

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

thank you for the input. I used to have a table that was all expressions, but I wanted my client to be able to click on an amount anf have the selection be made on the meal and type they clicked on, and have a trigger to bring them to a detailled analysis.

If I go back to a bunch of expressions, I lose that...

sunny_talwar

Not sure what to tell ... may be someone else can offer better help