Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Expression to Exclude Item in Filter Pane

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Qlik and Set Analysis. I'm currently trying to exclude a blank value in the filter pane using custom expression in the sorting pane. The field I am using is "Priority".

Here is what I have so far and its throwing an error:

match(Priority,(-=''))

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, you're not using Qlikview but Qlik Sense. What does not change is that you cannot filter values using an expression on the Sorting pane. The sorting pane is for sorting data, not filtering data. Aside from that the expression you're using is not correct. Look up the match function in the help file to see how it should be used.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you come-up with proper example.

Have a look at attached document to understand Set Analysis

Regards

ASHFAQ

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you tell me what kind of object you're using? I don't know of any objects that have a filter pane. It's not possible to filter values on the Sort pane of an object. That's for sorting only.

If you want to exclude a blank value, you can select it, then right click it and choose Select Excluded to invert the selection.

Not applicable
Author

I am using a separate Filter pane object, here is a screenshot. It is currently showing the blank value on top under Priority. Right clicking only allows me to delete the entire filter pane object.

screenshot.JPG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, you're not using Qlikview but Qlik Sense. What does not change is that you cannot filter values using an expression on the Sorting pane. The sorting pane is for sorting data, not filtering data. Aside from that the expression you're using is not correct. Look up the match function in the help file to see how it should be used.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert! Appreciate the help!