Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cattaneoc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variable Management to obtain a What if

I have to put together a project where changing 'Variables' can be modifying values (for example in Simple Tables) to have an what if operative system.

My problem starts because Variables apply to database conditions (if).

I attach a very basic example with the explanation to make it clearer.

In the same happens that, with the formula that I created, it only works if all the fields are in the "Simple Table" but if I start to remove dimensions the formula does not work well anymore.

An alternative solution would be to create a "new" base (virtual without running the scrip) based on the Variables but I do not know if it can be done, if it exists, or there is surely a simpler solution!

Thank you very much

Carlos A. Cattaneo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

in your case you must use aggr function , because if function is working by table row , so when Zona or Combustible

aren't part of the table they aren't conisdered for the calculation

using aggr function you basically create a virtual table for the calculation that adds the desired dimension to the table

have a look at the attach example

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi

in your case you must use aggr function , because if function is working by table row , so when Zona or Combustible

aren't part of the table they aren't conisdered for the calculation

using aggr function you basically create a virtual table for the calculation that adds the desired dimension to the table

have a look at the attach example

cattaneoc
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

works correctly!!

thank you very much!

Carlos