Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the colour of Forced Excluded Cell? and How to do it?

Hi All,

Could you please explain What is the colour of Forced Excluded Cell? and How to do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

A field can be enabled with and-mode only if it satisfies few conditions. from help:

And-Tables

A field cannot always be set to logical And mode. The reason for this is that the and alternative is logically

meaningful only if the concerned field is linked to only one other field.

The And mode option is only allowed under very strict conditions, imposed by the theory behind the Qlik-

View logic. In order to be used in And mode, the following criteria must be fulfilled:

l the field must only exist in one internal table,

l the field must be the second column of no more than two columns, and

l the table must not contain any duplicate records, and

l the table must be loaded using a distinct qualifier. If the table is loaded using a Select statement, a

preceding Load distinct * must be used.

Forced Exclusion/Not Selection

Closely related to the and selection is the forced exclusion, or not selection. Here it is possible to explicitly

exclude a field value, i.e. the solutions found by QlikView may not be associated with the excluded value.

The not selection is made by clicking a cell and keeping the mouse button depressed until the cell turns red.

CTRL-clicking in this manner is equivalent to an exclusion that is an additional requirement to the previous

selections/ exclusions. The not selection can only be made on a field that is in And mode.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi

What is Forced Excluded Cell? Where you are using? Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am not sure. I got this question from my friend. I tried searching did not get any answer..

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

I did not understand 'Cell' means in this context. Is the value?

If it is so we can restrict a row by using IF function.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Color of Forced excluded is - red.  This is associated with And mode selection. Check the attached sample. Press Ctrl, click and hold for sometime in the list box that is enabled with and mode, it will turn into red - and that is forced excluded.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks tresesco.

Now I got it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tres,

When I am trying to check And Mode option for other field, I am not able to do it. Why?

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi tresesco

Thanks for the info.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

A field can be enabled with and-mode only if it satisfies few conditions. from help:

And-Tables

A field cannot always be set to logical And mode. The reason for this is that the and alternative is logically

meaningful only if the concerned field is linked to only one other field.

The And mode option is only allowed under very strict conditions, imposed by the theory behind the Qlik-

View logic. In order to be used in And mode, the following criteria must be fulfilled:

l the field must only exist in one internal table,

l the field must be the second column of no more than two columns, and

l the table must not contain any duplicate records, and

l the table must be loaded using a distinct qualifier. If the table is loaded using a Select statement, a

preceding Load distinct * must be used.

Forced Exclusion/Not Selection

Closely related to the and selection is the forced exclusion, or not selection. Here it is possible to explicitly

exclude a field value, i.e. the solutions found by QlikView may not be associated with the excluded value.

The not selection is made by clicking a cell and keeping the mouse button depressed until the cell turns red.

CTRL-clicking in this manner is equivalent to an exclusion that is an additional requirement to the previous

selections/ exclusions. The not selection can only be made on a field that is in And mode.