Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

What is the syntax to sort a column ascending?

Hi All,

I have what I hope is a pretty simple question. I am writing a macro to export a table for a report and I need to first sort a column ascending. I also have to then input <101 to get the top one hundred. What is the syntax so I can make these selections before I export it into excel?

Thanks,

Austin

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Austin,

We use something like this within the script

Load A,B*C as E resident tab1 order by C desc, B asc, 1 desc;

But not sure if this is of any use to you... or could be around this...

Mama

Not applicable

I am not sure I follow your suggestion. I don't want to make these selections in the load script if that is what you are referring to. I want to make the selections right to the table. I want to do this because I have to filter several columns in this same manner and export each table seperately. Currently it is a manual process where I set these filters and then export the table, and I am just trying to write a macro that does it for me.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I was able to fix the sorting of the column ascending with a very easy solution. ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("Table").Sortby 4. With 4 being the column number in the table. However, I still haven't been able to fix the search input.

Austin

Community Browser