Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to Start

I have something that I'd like to do with QlikView that I'm not sure is possible.

I want to compare data from multiple years, quarters, or scenarios in 1 table.  For example I want to have one column of the table be the data from 2014 Q1, the second column be the data from the 2014 March Forecast and the third column to be better/worse comparison.  The rows are financial data such as revenue, and net operating profit.  What I'm trying to achieve is something like what's shown below. 

2014 Q12014 March ForecastB/W
Revenue$6,870$6,800-$100
NOP$590$585-$5

To be clear, I want to be able to change 2014 Q1 (or 2014 March Forecast) and have the other columns stay as they are while updating better/worse calculations.  Is this possible?  Any direction as to where to start would be very much appreciated. Also attached is some dummy data that I've been working with.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Steve,

See if this helps.

Regards

chirag

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Steve,

See if this helps.

Regards

chirag

Not applicable
Author

Chirag,

I appreciate the response.  This wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but it led me in the right direction.  Thanks so much.

- Steve

ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Steve,

Glad it was helpful. Were you looking for a dynamic dimension chart? Please do share your solution. 'd be good to know

Cheers

Chirag.

Not applicable
Author

Chirag,

Unfortunately I can't share my actual QlikView document as I'm still working with the free license, but it turned out what I was looking to do was solvable by alternate states.  Essentially, in the pivot table, I wanted 3 selection boxes that affect the first column and 3 selection boxes that affect the second column. Also, I wanted a third column that compared the two previous.  Alternate states made making different selections apply to different expressions as easy as it could be.  The image below should illustrate what I wanted.

Capture.png

- Steve