Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why do I have a null displayed dimension in chart with SA?

I've created a simple stright table with 2 dimensions (my actual one had more, but result was the same for other than one dim) and one expression with set analysis. The qvw is attached. I want to have CID, NUM and minimum pdate displayed for the records with NULL fdate. But for some reason my chart shows me NUM field with NULL (displayed as -) for CID = 1. Why? How can I (if any way) avoid it? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this what you are searching? to show 1-123-20.02.2017; 3-333-10.08.2017?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What is the expected O/P?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Don't quite catch, what stands for 'O/P', but I expected to see NUM = 111 in the row. Globally I wanted to filter out the rows with fdate not null.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

O/P is output.

From the data set which you gave what is the output u want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hmmm, as I've already written I'd expected to have NUM field with '111' in the straight table for the first row.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is no value as Num 111 in your data set.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this what you are searching? to show 1-123-20.02.2017; 3-333-10.08.2017?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, my bad, I really meant 123 for num.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's the point. But why the... ))). Why is it so? Why do the Qlik behave such unpredictable (for me) way? Where can I read about it to know where to use aggr (or something like that) instead of simple functions? Thanks anyway )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i think this post on AGGR is nice

Aggr() function‌‌

PS: You can use the formula WITHOUT "aggr" function. In this case there is no need for aggr, because you have already in the dimension NUM and CID.

Best regards,

Cosmina