Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why do users inconsistently get "Macro parse failed. Functionality was lost." error on AccessPoint doc for Excel export?

I'm struggling with the "Macro parse failed..." error on an AccessPoint document (developer 8.5, Server 8.5). The document has a button that generates an Excel report (exports various sheet objects to a preformated Excel template file, makes selections within QlikView) and prompts user for a name and file folder/path.

The macro works fine in development always (when there are no typos!) and in production (AccesPoint) most of the time. I can't figure out why some users get the Macro parse failed error and can't export anything (using the macro) while others have no problems. I experience the error ocassionally but after the export has completed.

The Excel file template is stored in a shared directory and the default file path for QlikView to save the file is on the user's local drive (My Docs), so I don't think permissions are an issue. But, then again, I really have no idea.

Thoughts anyone?!

Thanks / Gracias!

14 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Has to be security - perhaps the server doesn't allow access to its clipboard?

r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Okay - where do I look to determine if there are any issues with clipboard security?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That would be a question for a different forum... Something for Windows Network Administrators? You can try your luck in the QlikView Server forum, but I doubt too many people know this stuff...

r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Upgrading the QlikView server software to the latest version has solved my problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH36").CopyTableToClipboard true

Just wondering: if there are 10 concurrent users in server pressing same button same time, how does the server differentiate between the clipboards ?

-Alex