Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

Working out Averages

Hi there,

Im trying to get a table to show a players successful outcomes.I have this line of code which works  and gives me a percentage of positive outcomes from a specific match but I also want a line to show the players average in general and also the average success rate of all players in a specific match.

The code to show successful outcomes is as follows:

({SAR_1<[Kick Outcome]={1}>}DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)/count({SAR_1}DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)

The matches are stored as 'MatchID' and the players by 'Kicker', I was thinking that I would need to put in a modifier to exclude either the kicker from the code or the match for each average but it doesn't seem to work.

any Help is greatly appreciated,

Rob

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
morganaaron
Valued Contributor

Re: Working out Averages

With Kicker and MatchID as your dimensions, for the Kickers average try:

Count({SAR_1<[Kick Outcome]={1}>}TOTAL <Kicker> DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)/Count({SAR_1} TOTAL <Kicker> DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)

4 Replies
morganaaron
Valued Contributor

Try using the TOTAL qualifier in your first count statement to ignore a given dimension, in this case Kicker and MatchID separately.

You'll want to use TOTAL <Kicker> when wanting the Kickers average, as this tells Qlikview to calculate the TOTAL but to still calculate over the Kicker dimension, and vice versa for the MatchID.

Not applicable

Yes that could although im a little unsure where to place the <Kicker>, could you perhaps right out the code as an example for me! 

morganaaron
Valued Contributor

With Kicker and MatchID as your dimensions, for the Kickers average try:

Count({SAR_1<[Kick Outcome]={1}>}TOTAL <Kicker> DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)/Count({SAR_1} TOTAL <Kicker> DISTINCT MatchID_ScenarioMap)

Not applicable

thanks very much, that works great!

Community Browser