Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Write Expression to include a sum of multiple "Groups" AND one of those Groups as two fields in a chart

I am struggling to write the expression needed to output two types of data into a single chart. I would like to have two bars in a chart: 1) Bar 1 would be the sum of 5 different groups, and 2) Bar 2 would be one of those 5 groups.

Of what you see below, I'd like to have one bar be the sum of all of the [QP.SourceGroup] types in my current expression, and the other bar be the [QP.SourceGroup]='Warranty' seperate from the sum bar.

PLEASE HELP

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try creating a bar chart with no dimesions and 2 expressions.

One would be using sum({< [QP.SourceGroup]={'Warranty'}>} Value)

other could be sum({< [QP.SourceGroup]=>} Value)

Not applicable
Author

All blurry images shown below are attached for clearer review.

Well, I'm afraid it's more complicated than that. You see, my data source is a similar to access and has fields, such as Raised Date, Source Type (was it Warranty or Non-Warranty), Incident Number, and Root Cause. There are rules to be considered; here is an example of the current Expression that is working in conjunction with two dimensions:

QV Expression.JPG

The dimensions I'm using are: 1) DateGroup (from a table), and 2) a Calculated Dimension to include the specific "SourceGroups" I want to see in my bar chart. See below:

QV Dimensions.JPG

The calculated dimension is:

QV Calculated Dimension.JPG

The Chart Output is: *Dummy data used for this example

Chart w_Dummy Data.JPG

Ultimately, what I'm looking for is a one column as a sum of all SourceGroups together (not stacked or broken apart) and a second column with only Warranty.

Does this help at all?