Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

apostrophe in Set Analysis

hello everyone

i have a problem with an apostrophe in a set analysis  in fact i have a list of values to consider in a field that are like this  status="deleted","in progress","start","ok '  "} I can't change the value of the field  "ok '  " in the database i need to make QlikView accept the apostrophe.

Thanks you kindly in advance for your responses

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Try with:

{< Status = {'deleted', 'in progress', "ok*", 'start'} >}

Note how fixed literals are wraped by single quotes and search values are wraped by double quotes.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I hope that fixed the problem.

I have a related question; I hope I don't interfere too much (otherwise I'll open a new thread)

I wondered what the difference is between single and double-quotes in SetAnalysis. Often it gives the same outcomes. I didn't find links/documentation on that.

Is the difference that singlequotes are for text and text only and doublequotes for searchvalues?

And how about expressions and variables? I think I have seen them in singlequotes too?

I'd like to know the exact difference (or a reference where I can read about that). I hope that is also helpful for the the topic-starter 🙂

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Roberto,

Check this post where I elaborate the difference among those three. It all summarizes in:

• If numeric values, then no need for quotes
  • If literals / fixed strings, then single quotes
  • If search patterns, then double quotes

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Btw: I wonder if meriem.aboulaayad's problem is fixed with these answers!

Not applicable
Author

hello everyone I tried the solution above and did work! but you have to be careful roberto if you have values of the field that are different but seem similar. hope it helps you. good luck