Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magnus
Contributor
Contributor

calculate number of shipments with atleast one delayed package

I have the following rules:

When a car is loaded with packages it gets a unique shipmentID. When the car is done with the delivery route and is reloaded it gets a new shipmentID.

Every package has a unique packageID. And every packageID has a PromisedDeliveryDate and DeliveredDate.

A shipmentID can have multiple packageID, but a packageID can only be connected to one shipmentID.

I can already successfully calculate how many packageID that are delayed by this:

Count({<packageID={"=PromisedDeliveryDate < DeliveredDate"}>}packageID)

Now I want to calculate how many shipmentID that had atleast one delayed packageID connected to it. 

I have tried the following but it doesn't get the right result

Count({<packageID={"=PromisedDeliveryDate < DeliveredDate"}>}DISTINCT shipmentID)

3 Replies
NhanNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count({<packageID={"=PromisedDeliveryDate < DeliveredDate"}>}packageID) - if this set analysis can give you the packageID, why don't you use it? I could see from the 2nd set analysis DeliveredEventDate was used instead of DeliveredDate. Might it be the cause?

Magnus
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I do use it. It gives my the total amount of delayed packages. But that is not what I am trying to do. I want to see how many cars (shipments) that had delayed packages on them. That's not the same thing. The "DeliveredEventDate" was a just me writing wrong, already edited.
NhanNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

I know that you want to count the number of shipments. I mean if the first function could give you the PackageIDs that were delayed then it should do the job in the 2nd expression. However, I notice a difference in the field names, so I raised it up.
I assume that you could try this: Count({<shipmentID = {"=PromisedDeliveryDate < DeliveredDate"}>}DISTINCT shipmentID).