Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

conditionally hide/show line on chart based on x-value

Hi All,

I would like to only show the line on a combo chart for x-values -12 to -1, and subsequently from 1 to 12. I do not want a line from -1 to 1. How can I do this? The chart is technically not continuous because I have no 0 values, but I am setting the x-axis to continuous to show 0 on the chart. See below - no data point at 0, and do not want the line drawn from -1 to 1.

I currently have the line style set: IF(month_num<-1,'<S2><W0>',IF(month_num>=1,'<S2><W0>'))

Is there any style for no line?

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be use the expression in the background and change it to white()

IF(month_num > -1, White(),IF(month_num <=1, White() ))

Try this/.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be use the expression in the background and change it to white()

IF(month_num > -1, White(),IF(month_num <=1, White() ))

Try this/.

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

The problem is it looks like the line appears to be drawn with the data point prior --- so I need to set month_num=-1 to WHITE for the line to disappear, but that also makes the data point at -1 disappear....

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

I just created two separate expressions that are the exact same - one for the line, and one for the symbols and this worked!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Glad it worked. I just gave the expression for you to try how it looks as I do not have the sample app to tweak around.

Good work.

kmstephenson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you! I had been playing around with the background color and line styles but had used the same expression for both the symbol and line - your response helped me realize I needed to copy the expression and have one for the line and one for the symbol! Thanks again!!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Please mark the answers with helpful/correct so that other members will benefit. 🙂