cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II

date range in X Axis Dimension by selected one date

I have a line chart and I want that when i select lets say 15-04-2011, in the line chart, I actually get a range from 15-03-2011 to 15-04-2011 rather than showing just one date selected.

I have tried doing something with the calculated dimension but seems its not workign and also the Min/Max Scale expression only work for the Y Axis.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Steve

11 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

SteveGImbroll wrote:

so when in set analysis you do Field=, that means, exclude those fields im selecting?

Yep, that's what it means.  Ignore the selections in that field.  Now, it's not exactly a perfect ignore, as it will take into account how those fields affect values in other fields that you may be referencing.  But I think that's what we want here, in that if you select a day, month and year, you WANT it to use the matching created_date when calculating your 30-day spread.

Thinking a little further, I'd think you'd want your if() to be if(created_date,...), though.  I'm guessing that "Day" is the day of the month.  In and of itself, that's not enough, as you'd also need to select a month and a year.  But I'm thinking that doesn't really matter so much as just you've "selected" a single created_date, which you can check by just seeing if it has a value.  If it has a value, then only one value is possible.

stevegimbrollmt
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes I have to agree, now that I'm understanding more how it is being interpretted I shall revise my conditions but for this particular need for now its doing the job, but def will fine tune it!