Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

executing macro with ExportBitmapToFile on the OnPostReload trigger in batch mode

We have a qlikview file that uses ExportBitmapToFile to create images from charts after the data is reloaded (using a document trigger).
This works fine when manually reloading the data.

We have a batch that reloads qlikview files, when we try it with this file, it hangs.
Commenting out that line in the macro solves the hanging problem, but of course, we lose the main functionality of this qvw file.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, ihachilili

Could you try this:

set a trigger variable takes value 1 & 0.

Put the exportToBitmap in the OnOpen trigger

reload your qvw 2 times : 1st time with trigger value = 0 (not trigger onopen's exporttobitmap macro)

2nd time with trigger value = 1 (trigger onopen's exporttobitmap macro).

I hit a problem to use macro to print pdf in on post reload and use the same approach to solve the issue.

Hope will help.

Best Regards

Mingming

Not applicable
Author

Hi

We are also facing same problem if you have any sample application kindly sent it.

Regards

Ashish

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that ExportBitmapToFile statement works only in opened document mode. I encountered this issue in version 7.5. I thought it would be solved by now, but when upgrading to v9 I found it still persist.

Try "c:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\qv.exe" /l /nosecurity "QV Document.qvw" in batch as a temporary solution. It will open QV document and reload the data, but it will not save it. Save your document in macro.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ihachilili, have you found my answer useful. Please verify.