Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

Not applicable

help - formula to aggregate date

Hi guy,

i need for your help.

i've a simple problem(i hope) to solve, but i can't do it by myself.

I've to calculate some cli that have more than n values(pieces) group by cli and show the result on a textbox, i.e. :

Show every cli who have more than 2 pieces(see my example please)

in this case the numeric value to show on qv should be 2 because the only cli who have more than 2 pieces are : 111 and 555

I hope it's all clear.

Thx a lot for your support.

5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: help - formula to aggregate date

You want a list box for this instead of a text box. Look at the expression I put in there. It will always list the cli's with > 2 n of pieces.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Yes works fine, thx a lot.

I used your suggestion on a text box to obtain the numbers of coustomers who have more than 2 pieces and now all works fine !!!

But there's still a little bit problem now:

Meanwhile i try to use this formula with few datas all works fine, but if i apply on the main project wich has more than 12.000.000 records, qv goes in crash, i think because it's too hard to calculate with aggr when there are so much datas....is there another solution ?

is it possible "to translate" this formula in set analisys mode ?

thx again.

I attached again the sample with textbox with my formula

Not applicable

yes I'm sure you can use set analysis. QV will often crash when trying to calculate to much inside a sheet object instead of in the script. I'd love to take a look to try to help but I do not see any new attatchment. I'll use the old one and post back here with a set analysis expression.

Not applicable

Have you tried pre aggregating some of your data in the script? This may help.

Not applicable

thx again, the new project is on the first post, i have overwrote the old one.

i can't aggregate data first because in the main project there's a calendar to choose a period to see datas so i can't do it because the datas' selections change on demand

i'll wait for your response about set analisys translation.

bye.

Community Browser