Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use inputfields

Hi everyone,

I want to learn how to use the input field.

I have a field called uretPlan which exists in 2 tables sonPlan and empOzet2(due to the join) and I would like to create a 3rd table where the field is an inputfield.

Is this possible or should the inputfield be unique to the table it resides in? The code below doesn't give an error but it doesn't turn the uretPlan field into an input field.

sonPlan:

LOAD planGrup, date(date#(empTerminTarih2)) as empTerminTarih2, empMinOncelik1, empMinSipNo,empDesen,empMa_kod, empVaryant,/* uretPlan*/, planHafta from $(myPath)$(vSonPlan).csv (txt, delimiter is ',');

Join(empOzet2) LOAD * Resident sonPlan;

INPUTFIELD uretPlan;

yeniPlan:

Load  uretPlan, * Resident empOzet2;

I've also tried the following

INPUTFIELD uretPlan2;

yeniPlan:

Load 0 as uretPlan2, * Resident empOzet2;

This time I see uretPlan2 as an input field but when I try to change the value of the field the table doesn't reload it gets stuck.

noupdate.png

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this??

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It seems you can't use input fields with a join or resident table. You'll have to save empOzet2 to a qvd first and then use that qvd with the inputfield load. See here and here for other discussions about this issue.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It seems you can't use input fields with a join or resident table. You'll have to save empOzet2 to a qvd first and then use that qvd with the inputfield load. See here and here for other discussions about this issue.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand