Qlik Community

QlikView Creating Analytics

Discussion Board for collaboration related to Creating Analytics for QlikView.

kunkumnaveen
Contributor III

how to write aggr expression

Hello All,

A weird thing is happening to me i don't know whether it is my expression fault or my data modeling

Capture.PNG

i am trying to display total spend by grouping plant name and material name ,what i mean is ,

the 3rd and 4 th row, same material ,same plant but different suppliers so i need to group both and total spend will be same which is working perfect

the 1st row has only one supplier so total spend should be 80.27 but i am getting nil  as total spend which is wrong

Dimensions: 1)calculated dimension===>if(wildmatch(New_Column1,'Non-Zpart'),New_Column)  Label  as Material

2)Plant Name

3)Plant Code

4)Supplier

5)Supplier ID

Measure :1) Sum({<SCOPE={'Yes'},MATL_TYPE={'HALB','ROH'},[FISCAL YEAR]={$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)}>}Volume)

2)Sum({<SCOPE={'Yes'},MATL_TYPE={'HALB','ROH'},[FISCAL YEAR]={$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)}>}SPEND)

3)Colume(2)/Colume(1)

4)aggr(nodistinct Sum({<SCOPE={'Yes'},MATL_TYPE={'HALB','ROH'},[FISCAL YEAR]={$(=max([FISCAL YEAR])-1)}>}SPEND),New_Column,[PLANT NAME] )

all the expression are working accept this 4 expression which is working partially ,what could be the reason any suggestion plz

Thanks

4 Replies

Re: how to write aggr expression

How about this when we talk about partial

Sum(Aggr(...Sum(...) ...))

kunkumnaveen
Contributor III

i just find this

before adding Interm Parent id and price_mat total spend is working fine

Capture1.PNG

after adding  Total spend is not working

Capture2.PNG

what could be the reaso

kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

How about writing your sum like

Sum(total <Material,PlantName> your expression)

sasiparupudi1
Honored Contributor III

You May not have the calculated dimensions in the Aggr function.

I suggest you created the New_column in the script as a fixed dimension and try again

hth

Sasi

Community Browser