Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sa20
Contributor II
Contributor II

if you recover the file, you will not be able to use it

HI  All ,

I want to open a job already existing in qlikview, he showed me this message:
"This Qlikyiew was created by another user in the Personal Edition. As a user of the QhkView Personal Edition, you can only open files that you have created yourself. You can retrieve this document if you created it on your computer.
However, if you recover the file, you will not be able to use it.
Do you want to continue and recover the file?"
is that really when I click on continue my own analyzes will be lost or what what will happen exactly  ??

thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your Qlikview installation uses a license code that it embeds in documents you create. The first time you created a qlikview document this code was generated. This code can be changed four times to 'recover' a file created by another Qlikview installation. Each time you 'recover' a file Qlikview will generate a new code and embed that in documents. That also means that documents with different embedded codes cannot be opened anymore. To open a file you created before then either needs another recovery (of which you only get four so you can run out fast) or a licensed Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your Qlikview installation uses a license code that it embeds in documents you create. The first time you created a qlikview document this code was generated. This code can be changed four times to 'recover' a file created by another Qlikview installation. Each time you 'recover' a file Qlikview will generate a new code and embed that in documents. That also means that documents with different embedded codes cannot be opened anymore. To open a file you created before then either needs another recovery (of which you only get four so you can run out fast) or a licensed Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Sa20
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank U   very much