Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

selecting un-selected records?

Hey guys. Need your help.

I'm creating a QV chart to show all consultants that have submitted time sheets for a given week.

I have a table box (called "submitted") that has a list of consultant names. I then have a list box, which allows you to select a particular week-ending date. This will (obviously) filter the consultant names in the "submitted" table by consultants that have submitted a timesheet for that particular week-ending date.

Is there a way to create another table, which shows which consultants did NOT submit a timesheet for the week-ending date that was selected? In other words, a table that shows which consultants dropped off the "submitted" table, when I selected the week-ending date?

Thanks!

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is possible, but is better if you share your app.

Regads,

Ricardo

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use a set analysis expression. Something like:

count({<ConsultantName=e({<WeekEndingDate={$(=only(WeekEndingDate))}>} ConsultantName )>} 1)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert, wouldn't that just give me a count, not the actual consultant names?

I've attached my QV. Since I'm terrible at explaining (guilty!) - you can see the "Submitted" table, and on the left, the "Week-Ending" list box. I need an additional table, which shows me the consultant names which fall off the "Submitted" table when you select a Week-Ending date.

Not applicable
Author

Shared.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Gysbert! Can you explain the expression you wrote? I've never seen it used before.

Also, would there be a way to filter this so it only shows consultants that have a "Practice Name" tied to them?

Not applicable
Author

basically, I need it to filter the way you have it now, but I need it to still filter as the user selects a Practice, Consultant Status, etc.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could you create an excel file with some lists that show who should be in which listed based on some selections? I don't know what the correct results should be. Having some examples to match with would help.