Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis and if statements!

Hi guys,

Apologies, but this is a difficult one to try and explain, and I am unable to send the application.

I have 2 variables: vmonthlyuptime and system choice.

each variable is a very long equation with set analysis implemented so that if a date is selected it will not affect the charts on the dashboard:

The set analysis is correct. However when I try and combine the variables into an if statement the set analysis does not appear to work:

My equation is:

if(getcurrentfield(Time)='MonthYear', (if(UnitDesc='Debt and Treasury Technology', $(TomsSystemChoice), $(vMonthlyUptime))), (if(UnitDesc='Debt and Treasury Technology', $(TomsSystemsWeekly),$(vWeeklyUptime))))

It says the expression is correct, but when a date is selected the figures change which is not what I want.

Could anyone think of something that may be wrong with this? I'm really at a loss as to see what is wrong.

Thanks in advance,

BC

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jay,

The expressions are really complex and for security reasons I cannot send the app scrambled/unscarambled.

An example of the variable would be :

v(monthlyTomUptime)

-(sum({$<MonthYear= { * }, IncidentId = { * }, Day = { * }, Week = { * }, StartDate = { * }>} sevimpact)/

(networkdays(monthstart(min({$<MonthYear= { * }, IncidentId = { * }, Day = { * }, Week = { * }, StartDate = { * }>}StartDate)),monthend(max({$<MonthYear= { * }, IncidentId = { * }, Day = { * },Week = { * }, StartDate = { * }>}StartDate)))*60*24)/sum({$<MonthYear= { * }, IncidentId = { * }, Day = { * }, Week = { * }, StartDate = { * }>}total Flag))

Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

I have decided for the meantime to produce two separate graphs, one for month trending and another showing the last 12 weeks.

Having a little trouble with the background colour format though.

Basically I want this to incorporate both variables into the colour format, ie if vmonthlyuptime or vmonthlytomuptime >= 0.9995, rgb, (51, 204, 102), and so forth. However, the equation I have below only works for one part of the equation. Apologies for bombaring you with all these questions!

if(1=0,

if($(vMonthlyUptime)>=0.9995, rgb(51,204,102),

if($(vMonthlyUptime)<0.9995 and $(vMonthlyUptime)>=0.9990, rgb(255,128,0),

rgb(255,0,0)

)

),

if($(vMonthlyTomUptime)>=0.9995, rgb(51,204,102),

if($(vMonthlyTomUptime)<0.9995 and $(vMonthlyTomUptime)>=0.9990, rgb(255,128,0),

rgb(255,0,0)

)))

I really appreciate any help given!