Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

using an express in the list box search (magnifying glass icon)

This should totally be an easy answer, I just can't find it anywhere. Help documentations states "Use an equal sign (=) to search using an expression." referring to the user search (filter) tool found on list boxes (magnifying glass icon). I'm using QlikView 9.0.

Can someone please explain how to do this? The following does not select the value, "USA" after typing it in the search box and pressing enter. ='*USA*'

*USA* should work the same as ='*USA*' right?

Ultimately I'm trying to select everything except USA. So can someone also provide the syntax for using an expression to exclude data as in <>'USA'.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So yeah, this was an easy answer. I didn't find the direct answer to my question however in QlikView 9 there is an option to make your selection an exclusion. In a list box go to the Caption tab and under Special Icons check Select Possible and/or Select Excluded. This will accomplish the desired task for the above post.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

So yeah, this was an easy answer. I didn't find the direct answer to my question however in QlikView 9 there is an option to make your selection an exclusion. In a list box go to the Caption tab and under Special Icons check Select Possible and/or Select Excluded. This will accomplish the desired task for the above post.