Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

vbscript function returns Null Value

Hi everyone !

I have a problem using a personal vbscript function in qlikview.

What am I trying to do is :

- Retrieve the selected date

-Transform the date into an Unix TimeStamp

-Send the value to a qlikview variable

The problem is that I retrieve a Null value from the vbscript function.

VBSCRIPT :

<pre>FUNCTION DateToTimestamp() set val = ActiveDocument.Fields("Year").GetSelectedValues set val1 = ActiveDocument.Fields("Month").GetSelectedValues set val2 = ActiveDocument.Fields("Day").GetSelectedValues SELECT CASE val1.Item(0).Text case "janv" b=1 case "fév" b=2 case "mars" b=3 case "avr" b=4 case "mai" b=5 case "juin" b=6 case "juil" b=7 case "août" b=8 case "sept" b=9 case "oct" b=10 case "nov" b=11 case "déc" b=12 END SELECT SELECT CASE val1.Item(val1.Count-1).Text case "janv" c=1 case "fév" c=2 case "mars" c=3 case "avr" c=4 case "mai" c=5 case "juin" c=6 case "juil" c=7 case "août" c=8 case "sept" c=9 case "oct" c=10 case "nov" c=11 case "déc" c=12 END SELECT datec = val.Item(0).Text & "/" & b & "/" & val2.Item(0).Text datef = val.Item(val.Count-1).Text & "/" & c & "/" & val2.Item(val2.Count-1).Text 'msgbox(datec) 'msgbox(datef) DateToTimestamp= DateDiff("s","1/1/1970",datec) '& "-" & DateDiff("s","1/1/1970",datef) 'msgbox(selectedYear) END FUNCTION
QlikView :
<pre>
let timestampSelected = DateToTimestamp();
Is this a problem with my vbscript function or with qlikview?
Regards,
Adrian
1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hello Adrian

The function is probably ok but you can't use GetSelectedValues from the load-script.
You should be able to use a trigger instead when the document is opened.
Go to document properties (Ctrl+Alt+D), the tab triggers and add a trigger to execute your macro when the document is opened.
You also need to change your macro from a function to a sub.

/Fredrik