Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A problem with ActiveDirectory in Publisher

Hi,

I use Qlikview Publisher. I can get to Control Panel, however, if I try to work with users (User profiles, etc), so I've any problem. I have two defined users (post instalation) where Resource is unknown. In Control Panel I see structure of ActiveDirectory from our organization, but I can't get any list of users from this one (AD).. have you any idea?

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you can see the AD tree, but not individual users, it may be either a filtering or permissions issue.

Using Control Panel, open your Directory Service resource. In the Advanced section, check if FIlter value is present. If so, either erase or fix the filter and try again.

Does the Windows account used to run the DIrectory Service have permission to view users in your AD?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I followed your instructions (thank you for them), however the problem is still continue :(. Filter value in Advanced section was clear and now it's still clear. Directory server has prefix: "LDAP://"......

"Does the Windows account used to run the DIrectory Service have permission to view users in your AD?"

Yes, it does. I can normally view all users, etc in AD in Windows enviroment. In Publisher, I can use my AD account (system checks my username, domain and password), but as I said, I can't get any list of users from AD tree...