Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

A user is unable to logon to Access Point (just this user)

Hi Guys,

We have implemented windows group based security using Section Access. We have got more than 25 windows groups on the server. Anybody who is added to any of the group can see data (data that group is authorized to). But a user is unable to login at all. Just this user. Whenever she tries. She gets the error message "Sorry, unrecognized user name or password."

Her password is working fine in other applications. She is using NTID and Password to login.

Any idea why this is happening and what is the solution?

Please help!

Thanks,

Ritesh Pathak

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter. it had nothing to do with Qlikview, the NT password was not flowing through our system.

It's been fixed now by window team.

Thank you anyway for all your help.

Regards,

Ritesh Pathak

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually this kind of problem has nothing to do with QlikView, as QV isn't reponsible for authentication. Other systems take care of that side of the permissions game.

There is an easy way to check whether QV recognizes this user at all and what permissions he/she gets on specific documents. Open the QMC->Users tab and enter the NTNAME of this user in the search box. If nothing appears in the list below the search box, your AD has a problem reporting user information, OR your DSC is missing for this domain or not properly configured.

BTW is this user member of the same domain as the others, or is he/she member of another (trusted) domain?

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter. I tried searching for the user and got her name under CALs tab.

Yes. This user also belongs to the same domain.

Please could suggest me something else?

Thanks,

Ritesh Pathak

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you check the Groups and Documents lists in the QMC->Users tab, do you find proper group membership for this user (left column shows AD groups), and is your user allowed to access the required documents?

Peter

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Just a thought. did you try by restarting Qlikview services?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I will check and let you know.

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes sir. I did but no luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter. it had nothing to do with Qlikview, the NT password was not flowing through our system.

It's been fixed now by window team.

Thank you anyway for all your help.

Regards,

Ritesh Pathak