Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AJAX Calendar Object

Hi All,

While trying to create an AJAX Application I've had some problems with the AJAX Calendar Object. As you can see in the picture attached to this discussion, the calendar object is overlapping the input box and I'm not able to move either object. Is there some option that I'm not seeing that will allow me to reposition these objects? When I switch back to the IE Plugin view, the 2 objects aren't overlapping anymore.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Sean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sean,

If there is no restriction, you will need to enable the caption, even if it's empty, so you can click and drag the object. Use the Web View to see the document closer to the AJAX client layout, but there are still some limitation on how objects are displayed in AJAX and in the Plugin (that is the Desktop without the edit part).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: Not as visual as the calendar, but if you are using variables in that object, you can use an inputbox with some constraints so the values have the proper date format.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sean,

If there is no restriction, you will need to enable the caption, even if it's empty, so you can click and drag the object. Use the Web View to see the document closer to the AJAX client layout, but there are still some limitation on how objects are displayed in AJAX and in the Plugin (that is the Desktop without the edit part).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

EDIT: Not as visual as the calendar, but if you are using variables in that object, you can use an inputbox with some constraints so the values have the proper date format.

Not applicable
Author

Ah yes I did not know you had to enable captions to be able to move the object! Thanks so much Miguel!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In QV10 you can now drag objects without a caption by holding the Alt key while dragging.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com