Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AJAX & current selection, clearing first item causes "Lost connection to server"

When using the AJAX-client with different browsers & OS combinations (WinXP, Win7, Vista + Chrome / IE / FF) they all cause the same "Lost connection to server" behaviour.

This can be reproduced by making one selection and using the clear-function from the "Current Selection"-object.
Using multiple selections this can be reproduced by clearing the first selection from the "Current Selection"-list.

It seems to me, that there is something wrong either with the positional arguments delivered to the Server end during the AJAX-request or that the Server somehow interpretes them wrongly.

There is also another thread discussing (most likely) the same situation.

Sincerely,
Markus Latvala

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Markus,

I just tested this on my machine and it works fine from several different computers and browsers. I am running Server 2008 64-bit with IIS 7.0. Are you using QVWS or IIS? It's possible this issue just occurs with the native QVWS (in which case it's just a bug that needs to be reported)...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Deleted comment!

Not applicable
Author

Not sure if this exactly related but there was a bug fix related to Lost Connection issues with AJAX. A new update to SR3 has been released.

See post below:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/technicalbulletin/archive/2010/03/03/9-0-sr3-update-new-build-7440.a...

/emb