Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AMD performance

hi

we are moving to new server

our old server has intel 2 cpu's 4 core each

we bought AMD server with 4 x optron 6272 cpu's each has 16 cores

we installed the qvs and i when opening the same moudle on the new server

its very slow at laest 2 times slower from the intel server

can you suggest any server optimization ??

thx

8 Replies
dde
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately we have found that AMD-based servers can run much slower than the equivelent Intel.  I would recommend making the "usual" changes (as mentioned in http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2362) but it will always be slower than if you'd stuck with Intel.

Not applicable
Author

Same here...

2 x AMD Opteron 6276 (16 CPU each) and 128 GB RAM

runs 100% utilization on all CPUs. Needs 30min and more for some scripts which need just a few seconds on an Intel laptop with 4GB RAM

Qliktech doesn't care about. So sad....

...just looking for an appropriate product other than Qlikview

Daves post is not an answer to the problem

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Carsten that much performance difference seems more like a bug to me, Have you discussed that with support?

Not applicable
Author

First of all I must apologize for sending my post four times. But after pressing the submit button the site gave me an error. Now I reduced it to only one post.

Daniel, we are in contact with support. That's why I wrote "Qliktech doesn't care..."

They have all they need to reconstruct the environment but to me it seems that I will never get a solution, even on direct request.

All I know and what they said is that they are having troubles with "new" AMD technology

Thought I'd share this with you

edit: got same error again after clicking on submit button
"Beim Absenden Ihres Posts ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Versuchen Sie es erneut."

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Hi Carsten, do you have any updates on this? Have you been able to improve performance at all?

Not applicable
Author

Ahhh yes, the described issue on bad performance using AMD CPU has been approved by Qliktech officially. Up to then we reduce the number of CPU in BIOS to 8. We're now waiting for a new software release. This has been announced w/o certain date.

Not applicable
Author

Any updates?

Not applicable
Author

This issue seems to be fixed now by QV11 SR2 official release

In our case some dirty date functions have been fixed and also the AMD multi cpu task problem