Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ASK] how to make security in qlikview desktop work in qlikview server ?

hello..

i've tried to make the security for admin and user

it's successful when i try to open it from qlikview desktop

but when i try to open from the browser with qlikview server, the security won't work but some sheet that only able to see by admin

how to make qlikview able to handle full security that we've made from qlikview desktop to open from the browser using qlikview server?

i'm using qv web server

thx..

sorry for my bad explanation

2 Replies
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

I think you dont need to define security at the desktop level, if you have qlikview administration on the server. Try to apply user and admin level security from qlikview administrator present on your server.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If I understand you correctly, Section Access is not working when you open from the AccessPoint. One of 2 things is probably going on:

1. You didn't set all the Document Properties correctly (there are a bunch of security checkboxes); or
  2. You made Publisher a Section Access ADMIN and when it distributed the document, it did not make any reductions (because it is an ADMIN). Then the distributed version was stripped of all Section Access limitations.

Check into these options, and then repost here if neither of these is the problem.

Regards,