Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point - App name with an Æ causes trouble

Hi - we have an application with an Æ in the name. And running QV11.2 SR8 with client IE Plugin on an IE 11 causes problems for the users trying to open the app from the Access Point. The app is visible in the AC for the users - and the name looks fine.

But: It looks like the Æ is misread by the system when users tries to open the app.

Is this a problem with IE 11 or QV11.2SR8 ?

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Sometimes it happens that it may not recognize some special character.

Can you try by renaming application to some English name without special character.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like a fairly open and straight forward bug. I recommend that you contact Qlik Support to open a case on so will them help you by filing a new bug or get them to verify if this is an already known issue.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you give the full document name you are using? I can't reproduce it with using just the Æ.

Also, can you give more information on your setup?

Are you Cluster?

Are all the services on one box?

What Explorer are you using?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill.

The name of the app is PPP_Sælger_slag.qvw - and that has been the name for years with out any problem. We upgraded to IE 11 and then trouble started.

It is possible to open it with the Ajax-client in Firefox as a work around, but that is not a good solution.

Cluster setup, 2 x qvs

3 windows servers involved

IE 11 (if that what you are asking).

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are you using QVWS or IIS?

I am not able to reproduce the issue with IIS.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We're using IIS

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have test this and I am not able to reproduce your issue. Go ahead and contact support and see if they can look at your system and find a solution.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill.

Thanks for the effort; I've contacted support and they had a similar case with a swedish special character.