cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Access Point difference

We are experiencing problems with users accessing reports using Access Point (AP).

Once a completed QV report is viewed through APit never looks the same as on the original on the server? The layout is always slightly out, and various objects never appear the same, particularly slider objects and containers, so much some times that you cannot use them in AP.

I assumed looking at a report in AP you would see the exact same layout and settings as the server version.

It's getting to a point where we might have to stop using AP.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It sounds like you are comparing documents viewed in the desktop clietnt with the AJAX output on the AP. To see what an AJAX model will look like, swtich the desktop client to web view:

View menu | Turn on/off WebView.

Web view is not a pixel perfect match to the desktop client due to web browser limitations.

Or if you are using IE, you can use the IE plugin which will render the models the same as the desktop client.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

I would like to use the IE plugin option, but on AP this option is greyed out?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will need to install the plugin. The install file is stored on your server when QV server is installed (at least it was the last time I looked). If you do not have an install link on your AP screen, I suggest that you speak to your IT department.

It is also installed on your machine if you install the desktop client. The client is available as a download on the main qlikview site.

This applies to all your QV users. The attraction of the AJAX client is that it is zero footprint - with no user requirements other than a suitable web browser.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein