Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point not working for users in second domain

Hi,

We have recently set up a second domain and we are trying to set up our Qlikview configuration to grant users in this domain access to our reports. In the management console I have edited the DSC to include the second Active Directory path, and that has allowed us to assign licenses to these users.

However despite this users from that domain cannot see any reports when the browse to the Access Point page. It loads up fine but there are no visible reports. I've been trying to look around for a solution to this but not had any luck so far, can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Labels (1)
15 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do the users on the new domain have AD access to the qvw files on the access point folders?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi james,

First please check in users -> user management -> with selection of all directories check with names is that user authenticated or not.

Please let me know on this.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've gone in and looked at one of the users, its showing their assigned CALs and documents they have distributed to them, I'm not sure if that means they're authenticated but it looks right when compared to a user in the other domain

Not applicable
Author

I've checked the permissions on the files themselves and it was showing the users in the list with all the required permissions (read, write, etc), so looks like that side is alright

Not applicable
Author

Okay are you scheduling in publisher.

If you have scheduling through publisher try to give an option in Distribute tab give "All authenticated users" option  for the task when you are scheduling manually and check and let me know is that report is visible to all authenticated users in access point

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just curious: you're not using section access in these documents?

Not applicable
Author

Why section access required peter?

here we have giving AD in DSC. So we can add users on each document.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is a question ("James, are you using section access in these documents?"), not a statement.

Section Access isn't required. I just want to know whether he uses any.

Not applicable
Author

No we haven't got any section access in any of the documents