Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Access Point some files do not show

I have a number of files showing in access point. At one time the problem file was showing. Now, it will just not appear in access point (EXCEPT for 2 users. me and another test dev user). I can grab other .qvd files and put them in the same folder and they will show. I was able to go back many steps in the development of this document and finally I got the file to show. Is there some settign in a qlikview doc that could make it not show? it Might have something to do with section access. Can Section access make a doc not show?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Dale,

Section Access can definitely limit a QVW from appearing on the AccessPoint. Suggest you comment out the Section Access within the QVW, save it and re-publish it to the AccessPoint. If it does appear, then you'll know you need to have a look at the Section  Access script.

This video may help: QlikView Security Video Series (2 of 8): Simple Row-level Security via Section Access

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Dale,

Section Access can definitely limit a QVW from appearing on the AccessPoint. Suggest you comment out the Section Access within the QVW, save it and re-publish it to the AccessPoint. If it does appear, then you'll know you need to have a look at the Section  Access script.

This video may help: QlikView Security Video Series (2 of 8): Simple Row-level Security via Section Access

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

When I comment out Section access it works.

I have the section access data in SQL tables. Below is my section access script and a sample of data from the two tables. Can't quite figure out why it does not work when I turn it on. I am in the process of removing the QVBUDSAKEY field in the application part of the script. could that be it?

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD

ACCESS,

NTNAME

;

SQL SELECT *

FROM QBudget.dbo.QvBudSectionAccess

;

SECTION APPLICATION;

LOAD

GLNUM,

NTNAME

;

SQL SELECT *

FROM QBudget.dbo.QvBudSectionApplication

;

************************************************************************************

Section Access from SQL

ACCESSNTNAME
ADMIN     DHBH00   
USER      TXQH02   
USER      KENH00   
USER      BPHH00   
USER      AMKH00   
USER      MEDH0    
USER      TVEH00   
USER      TJLH00   
USER      TXQH00   

**************************************************************************************

Section Application table from SQL

NTNAMEGLNUMQVBUDSAKEY
TXQH0255751
TXQH0055652
DHBH0031003
KENH0031004
MJDH0090005
ARDH0031006
TXQH0055357
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In theory, SA-equipped documents will disappear from the AP for some users if their Windows account doesn't appear in the NTNAME column of your SA table AND you enabled option Settings->Document Properties->Server->Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access.

Deleting a critical field that makes Data Reduction work (possibly breaking it) will not hide the document from the AP, but will get most if not all users an Access Denied message.

BTW it's never a good idea to link Section Access to Section Application using the standard security fields like ACCESS, NTNAME, USERID or PASSWORD. Maybe you can try storing a copy of NTNAME values in a differently named field, and changing the corresponding name in the Section Application table.

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

OK I will make some changes and let you know>

Just for discussion sake, what are the bad outcomes of linking on security fields?

thank you for the direction.